At Shubham, we offer Carbon Filter for STP in removal of turbidity/suspended solid as well as odor, color and chloride from water. Offering functionality as filtration plants, these are suitable for turbidity/suspended solid removal from water through use of different sand media. These filtration media find usage for Pre-treatment of water treatment plants as well as for post treatment for waste water treatment.
Activated carbon is charcoal that has been treated with oxygen to open up millions of tiny pores between the carbon atoms. The treated or activated carbon has a massive surface area (2000 - 3000 square metres per gram of activated carbon) making it highly effective at adsorbing tastes and odours, as well as chlorine and organic colour from water.An activated carbon filter is a filter housing (either a cartridge filter housing or a granular activated carbon media filter is used for activated carbon filtration) containing granular activated carbon or an activated carbon block cartridge.Operation/Process :
Low flow applications - activated carbon cartridge filters: water flows from the outside of the activated carbon cartridge to the inside of the activated carbon cartridge, through a collector tube, and out to process or the point-of-use. When the activated carbon becomes exhausted, or blocked with suspended matter, the cartridge has to be replaced.
High flow applications - At Shubham, we use our conventional multimedia sand filter design, replacing a portion of the multimedia filter repack with granular activated carbon. This allows the filter to act as both a sand filter and an activated carbon filter, removing suspended particles, taste and odour, chlorine and organic colour. When the activated carbon becomes blocked with suspended matter, the filter can be backwashed in the same way as a conventional sand filter.
hen the activated carbon in the filter becomes exhausted, it is usually replaced, although some of the systems we manufacture are fitted with steam sterilization components, to regenerate the activated carbon bed. Salient Features
- Designed to remove free chlorine, organic matter, odor and color present in the feed water with minimum pressure drop.
- The activated carbon filters contains activated carbon granules of defined iodine absorption values as per the application.
- Water enters the filter and percolates through the filter bed.
- Free chlorine, organic matter, odor, and color are absorbed by the Activated carbon.
- Treated water then goes via the filtration nozzles through the filter outlet.
- Activated carbon effectively removes many chemicals and gases, and insome cases it can be effective against microorganisms. However, generally it willnot affect total dissolved solids, hardness, or heavy metals.
- Automatic backwash controls.
- Duplex kit to eliminate raw water bypass and system downtime.
- Pressure differential backwash on automatic models.
- Steam regeneration of activated carbon bed.
- Easy to operate
- Requires least maintenance
- Excellent filter quality at higher flow rate than conventional ones
- Low pressure drop
- Pretreatment of all forms of industrial water treatment
- Pretreatment to all forms of potable water treatment and metal recovery
- Food & Beverage Production-Improved taste, clarity and appearance. Chlorine removal.Drinking Water-Reduces turbidity, taste and odours as well as chlorine.
- Pretreatment-Ideal for Reverse Osmosis, Deioniser and softener pretreatment